WHY MESSIANIC JUDAISM?
Messianic Jews and Christians share the same core beliefs. Let’s define Christianity as faith in the God of Israel and the Messiah whom He sent through Jewish lineage to save Jews and Gentiles. Messianic Judaism is the same but it expresses that faith within the Jewish heritage. Both Messianic Jews and Gentile Christians are part of Messianic Judaism.
• We recognize that Jewish people (physical descendants of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob, whether through the mother’s or the father’s blood-line) who place their faith in Yeshua as Israel’s Messiah have not disowned or separated themselves from their race and their Judaic heritage, but remain sons and daughters of Israel (Romans 2:28-29).
• Gentiles who place their faith in Yeshua, are “grafted into” the Jewish olive tree of faith (Rom. 11:17-25) becoming spiritual sons and daughters of Abraham (Gal. 3:28-29).
• We observe and celebrate the Jewish Holy Days given by God to Israel, with their fulfillment in and through Messiah Yeshua.
• We believe that true “Biblical Judaism,” the faith of first century believers, which we seek to practice, acknowledges the continuity of faith in the one true God, revealed throughout the Scriptures, and ultimately manifested in God’s Son, Yeshua the Messiah.
• We believe that salvation has always been “by faith,” and that works of law, or righteous acts, have never saved anyone (Gen. 15:6; Rom. 2-6; Eph. 2:8-9; Heb. 11:6, 39).
• We acknowledge that the New Covenant body of believers is composed of both Jews and Gentiles who have received Yeshua the Messiah as the Promised Redeemer. The “middle wall of partition” has been broken down and now we worship the God of Israel together (I Cor. 12:13; Eph. 2:13-14)
• We believe that the middle wall of partition which in times past separated Jews and Gentiles has been broken down, the strife between them eradicated by Yeshua Ha Mashiach. (Ephesians 2:12-14)
• We believe that once unsaved Jews are connected to their Jewish Messiah Yeshua and once Gentiles believers embrace the Jewish roots of their faith, then the Body of Messiah will walk in the full power and authority given to it by Yeshua. (Romans 9-11)
• We believe in the importance of land of Israel to the heart and plan of God and continually pray for the peace of Jerusalem. (Psalm 122:6)